Friday, January 28, 2011

Anse La Raye Falls

Anse La Raye Falls is a pretty cascade inland from the small, but charming fishing town of Anse La Raye on the western side of the island. Of the handful of falls we've seen on the island, this one is one of the better ones to visit. It's probably around 15m in cumulative height dropping over three discernable drops.

Once we left the car (see directions below), the trail began down some steps on the other side of the shack. The trail to the falls was probably around 5-10 minutes with a stream crossing.

Once at the falls, there was a trail that went up steeply along some steps. It was quite lengthy and I didn't make it all the way to the end, but it appeared to be a roundabout trail leading to the top of the falls (though I'm not totally sure since I didn't go all the way; so someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tree Hearts Blogger Template